Getty Foundation has announced the $65,000 up to Scholar Grants 2023 for Researchers applications can now come in on or before October 3 2022.
The Getty foundation is a global foundation catering and sponsoring scholars grant who have achieved distinction in their respective fields.
Recipients are in residence at the Getty Research Institute or Getty Villa, where they pursue their own projects free of work-related obligations, use Getty collections, participate in a weekly meeting devoted to an annual research theme or the African American Art History Initiative, and contribute to the Getty’s intellectual life
Those eligible for the Getty scholar grant
1. The grant is open for all researchers from all part of the world who are into social sciences, arts, humanities etc..
2. Applicants who have received there degree after 1st September 2019 and should also apply for post doctoral fellowship.
3. Present members and current Getty staffs are not eligible for the grant
Here are Getty Foundation Scholar Grants Benefits
Getty Scholars may be in residence from three to nine months:
- Three-month residency: September to December, January to April: $21,500
- Six-month residency: September to April, January to June: $43,000
- Nine-month residency: September to June: $65,000
AAAHI and PRW Research Project Scholarships are limited to nine-month residency terms, and are granted $65,000 stipends.
Criteria for Getty foundation scholar grant
The grant are awarded based on a competitive basis and below is the evaluation
1. Applications overall quality
2. how the proposed project bears upon the annual research theme
3. Applicants past achievements so far
4. How the assume project will benefit from the Getty foundation
How to Apply for Getty Foundation Scholar Grants
Applicants are to visit the online platform and fill in necessary requirements and submit alongside project proposal, curriculum vitae and Optional writing samples.
Good luck to everyone